John P. Wolff III
701 Main Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
M 225 383 3796
F 225 343 9612
- Explosions, accidents and other losses – on oil rigs, industrial locations and the like – with deaths or significant injuries, including the July 1999 explosion at the Kaiser Aluminum & Chemical Corp. plant in Gramercy, LA
- Catastrophic levee, maritime and other post-hurricane damage
- Contractual, merchant and premises liability, insurance coverage, immunity and admiralty-related disputes with exposure upwards in the hundreds of millions of dollars
- Bet-the-farm defense work involving professional malpractice and liability, faulty construction, product liability (including Chinese drywall, medical devices and pharmaceuticals) and asbestos and other toxic tort claims
- Legacy claims for environmental damage, such as the Bayou Corne sinkhole litigation
- Complex business litigation disputes
- Appellate Practice
- Obtained U.S. appellate court ruling, upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court that found FERC preemption of state law claims for the hydropower industry.
- Secured a permanent injunction, upheld by the Louisiana Supreme Court, prohibiting CRNAs from expanding their scope of practice to include interventional pain procedures.
- Handled numerous cases involving products in an industrial setting.
- Obtained many summary judgments in favor of medical device manufacturers.
- Numerous class action cases.
- Significant jury trials and appeals.
- Member, East Baton Rouge Parish
- Member, Louisiana State Bar Association
- Environmental Section, Member
- Bench and Bar Section's, Ad Hoc Judiciary Committee
- Transition into Practice Program
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Member, East Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Member, U. S. District Court, Fifth Circuit, Bar Association
- Member, All State And Federal Courts In Louisiana
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, Guest Speaker
- Member, Dean Henry George McMahon Inns of Court
- SuperLawyer in field of Civil Litigation – 2022
- American’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators - 2022
- Judicial Edition, AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell – “Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards, Reflecting the Confidential Opinions of Members of the Bar and Judiciary” - 2015
- Top Lawyers in Louisiana, American Lawyer Media – 2013
- AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell – 2011
- Peace Maker Award, Brown & Brown -- 2007
- Board of Directors, Baton Rouge Epicurean Society (BRES)
- Former Board Member, Boys & Girls Club of Greater Baton Rouge
- Former Human Resource Chairman, Boys & Girls Club of Greater Baton Rouge
Recent Continuing Legal Education Presentations
- Dean Henry George McMachon Inns of Court Panel Presentation: Attorneys at the Movies: Public Perceptions of the Legal Profession
- Dean Henry George McMahon Inns of Court Panel Presentation: Tricks & Treats of the Trade: Professionalism in Depositions
- Dean Henry George McMahon Inns of Court Panel Presentation: “What is ‘over the line’ and what is not in discovery and settlement negotiations”
- Dean Henry George McMahon Inns of Court Panel Presentation: “Professionalism in Discovery – Responding to Discovery Abuse”
Admiralty / Maritime
Architects and Engineers
Bad Faith Litigation
Biotechnology / Medical Technology and Life Sciences
Business Law and Litigation
Hurricane and Storm Litigation
Law Firms and Lawyers
Merchant and Premises Liability
- J.D., Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center
- B.A., University of Southwestern Louisiana – Cum Laude
- Louisiana, 1984
- Texas, 1995
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, 2014
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, 1987
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana, 1985
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 1984
While we appreciate and look forward to your inquiry, please review the following before you decide whether to click "ACCEPT."
The email you are sending does not create an attorney-client relationship with Keogh Cox. Keogh Cox will not offer representation until we have performed a check for conflicts of interest and decided to provide services in a particular matter. The information you submit to us via this website will not be treated as confidential or privileged as a lawyer/client communication unless we have previously sent you an engagement letter. Our receipt of this information will not prevent us from representing a client related to the subject of your inquiry.