Collin J. LeBlanc
701 Main Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
M 225 383 3796
F 225 343 9612
- Medical causation
- Business valuation
- Legal standards of care
- Recently, successfully tried and won legal malpractice suit alleging six-figure exposure.
- Conducted a trial of exceptions leading to dismissal of a high-exposure case in a maritime setting.
- Argued or drafted double-digit successful motions for summary judgment leading to full dismissal in the last few years, including in substantial 18-wheeler litigation, premises liability and other areas.
- Litigated a jury trial recouping all amounts paid by client in an oilfield-related incident.
- Consulted with dozens of businesses concerning their rights following Deepwater Horizon disaster.
- Worked with a liability carrier to handle a real estate closing matter, where a bank sued its lawyer for being unaware of a loan.
- Reeves v. Structural Preservation Systems,731 So.2d 208 (La. 1999). In Reeves, he wrote the winning brief in what became the seminal Louisiana decision for the determination of when a work-related accident can lead to tort exposure.
- MB Industries LLC v. CNA Insurance Co., 74 So.3d 1173 (La. 2011). In MB Industries, his effort helped to convince the Louisiana Supreme Court that a legal malpractice claimant must possess an active duty to mitigate their damages. Legal malpractice claimants must now appeal an adverse ruling when a reasonable person would have done so or risk a dismissal of their claim. The decision also required competent "standard of care" expert opinions in non-evident malpractice leading to a dismissal of his client in a case with seven-figure exposure.
- Louisiana Bar Association, 1996-Present
- Baton Rouge Bar Association, 1996-Present
- Publication Committee Member, Present
- Board Member, Y-MCA Zachary, LA (2017-2021)
- President, Big Buddy, a local organization devoted to inner-city youth, 2011-2014
- Marketing Committee Chair, Dancing for Big Buddy, a high-profile fundraiser 2013
- T.O.E.F.L. (Test of English as a Foreign Language)- instructor for many years to International Students
- He is an avid writer, including travel writing in local paper.
- J.D., Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, 1996
– Order of the Coif
– Candidate for the Louisiana Law Review
– Chairman of the Student Ethics Committee
- B.A., Louisiana State University, 1992
– magna cum laude
– Phi Beta Kappa
- Catholic High School Graduate, 1988
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana, 1997
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, 1997
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana, 1997
- Louisiana, 1996
- Spanish, Basic knowledge, but not fluent
While we appreciate and look forward to your inquiry, please review the following before you decide whether to click "ACCEPT."
The email you are sending does not create an attorney-client relationship with Keogh Cox. Keogh Cox will not offer representation until we have performed a check for conflicts of interest and decided to provide services in a particular matter. The information you submit to us via this website will not be treated as confidential or privileged as a lawyer/client communication unless we have previously sent you an engagement letter. Our receipt of this information will not prevent us from representing a client related to the subject of your inquiry.