Mary Anne Wolf
701 Main Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
M 225 383 3796
F 225 343 9612
Mary Anne Wolf is a licensed professional engineer and trial lawyer who represents architects, engineers, land surveyors, contractors and other businesses in construction litigation and industrial accident claims in the state and federal courts of Louisiana. Her clients range from small Louisiana-based design firms and contractors to top-ranked national and global companies and manufacturers. She regularly handles complex cases and catastrophic losses involving construction and design defects and products liability. Mary Anne also helps clients with:
- Errors and omissions claims against design professionals
- Construction delay and acceleration claims
- Construction and industrial accidents
- Product defect and failure to warn claims
- Industrial plant equipment failures
- Complex contract disputes in public and private projects
She also helps clients in disputes involving subdivision and property development claims, zoning issues, land survey errors, water intrusion and drainage issues.
Mary Anne has over 10 years of experience in the construction industry working as an engineer and over 10 years of experience handling construction litigation. Her engineering background and experience allow her to resolve complex claims involving technical issues. Early in the dispute, she works closely with her clients to fully understand the claims and to develop a cost–effective resolution strategy. Her understanding of the industry from the perspective of an engineer and attorney allows her to meet clients’ business needs and goals throughout the litigation process.
Mary Anne is a sought-after speaker to address construction, business and insurance professionals on construction law, design professional liability and risk management topics.
Mary Anne Wolf focuses her practice on design professional liability, construction related disputes, and claims arising from industrial accidents and product failures. Representative clients include:
- Architects, engineers and other design professionals in construction litigation involving errors and omissions, contract administration claims, and delay and economic loss claims
- Engineering firms, construction and safety managers, contractors and facility operators and owners in industrial accidents including catastrophic failures, fire and explosion
- Contractors and subcontractors, drilling contractors and pipeline operators in construction defect, construction accident, delay claims and related disputes
- Land surveyors in errors and omissions claims
- Industrial equipment and commercial product manufacturers, suppliers and distributors in product liability litigation, including equipment failures, fire loss, installation and commissioning deficiencies, and other personal injury and property damage claims
- Insurers in major losses involving hurricane and other property damage claims
- Insurance clients and self-insured companies in areas of professional liability, products liability, property and casualty, and catastrophic loss claims
- Design professionals and contractors in matters before the State Licensing Boards
She also represents clients in claims arising from public bid laws, construction liens, the Private and Public Works Acts and the New Home Warranty Act. She provides contract review and consultation regarding contract administration and suspension/termination of work claims; and pre-claim assistance to clients involving construction accidents, errors and failures and other casualties to avoid suit or minimize exposure.
- Member, Louisiana Engineering Society (2007-present)
- Member, Louisiana State Bar Association (1999-present)
- Member, Baton Rouge Bar Association (2007-present)
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Louisiana (1988- present)
- AV peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell (2014)
- Louisiana Law Review (1997-1999), managing editor (1998-1999)
- Volunteer, Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Bishop Ott Shelter (2006-present)
- J.D., Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, 1999
– Law Review (1997-1999)
– Managing Editor of Louisiana Law Review (1999)
- B.S., Louisiana State University, 1983
– Major: Electrical Engineering
– cum laude
– Tau Beta Pi
– Eta Kappa Nu
- Louisiana, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2005
- U.S. District Court for the Middle, Eastern and Western Districts of Louisiana, 2005
While we appreciate and look forward to your inquiry, please review the following before you decide whether to click "ACCEPT."
The email you are sending does not create an attorney-client relationship with Keogh Cox. Keogh Cox will not offer representation until we have performed a check for conflicts of interest and decided to provide services in a particular matter. The information you submit to us via this website will not be treated as confidential or privileged as a lawyer/client communication unless we have previously sent you an engagement letter. Our receipt of this information will not prevent us from representing a client related to the subject of your inquiry.