Kirk L. Landry
701 Main Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
M 225 383 3796
F 225 343 9612
Kirk Landry primarily represents employers, insurers and third party administrators in the defense of workers compensation claims. He also handles Louisiana Second Injury Fund cases including filings, hearings and appeals. In addition, Kirk represents clients in subrogation and premium coverage disputes related to workers compensation, medical billing disputes, healthcare provider suits, statutory employer and borrowing/special employer disputes, and court approved settlements. Besides his workers compensation practice, Kirk handles a broad variety of other civil litigation and is frequently called upon for guidance in matters involving risk management and mitigation.
A highly experienced trial and appellate lawyer, Kirk has argued before every workers compensation court in Louisiana, every appellate court in the state, and the Louisiana Supreme Court. He is lead counsel in more than 80 reported appellate cases.
Kirk has earned a reputation for his enthusiasm, 24/7 accessibility, responsiveness and efficiency. He is known as a strategic thinker who works closely with clients to determine and implement the most effective solutions for their problems. Because of this, he is also frequent participant and presenter at local, regional and national seminars for peers, clients and industry professionals.
- Second Injury Fund
- Bertrand v. G-Force Transport, LLC, 13-2944(La. 2/21/14), 134 So. 3d 1165
- Aucoin v. CNA, 12-0144 (La. App. 1 Cir. 9/21/12), 111 So. 3d 31.
- Gaylord Chemical Corp. v. Short, 11-0321(La. App. 1 Cir. 11/9/11), 81 So. 3d 34.
- Kelly v. T.J. Maxx, 11-32 (La. App. 5 Cir. 5/24/11), 67 So. 3d 643.
- Russell v. Regency Hospital, 2009-CA-1463 (La.App.1st Cir. 5/7/10), 38 So.3rd 1051
- Rodriguez v. Integrity Contracting 09-1537 (La.App.3rd Cir. 5/5/10), 38 So.3rd 511
- Fakouri v. VOA, 2006-2455 ( La. App. 1st Cir. 9/14/07), 971 So.2d 320.
- Bracken v. Payne & Keller, 2006-CA-0865 ( La. App.1st Cir. 9/5/2007), 970 So.2d 582.
- Jerome Maiorana, et al V. Melancon Metal Buildings, Inc., et al, 05-CA-933 (La. App. 5th Cir. 4/25/06), 927 So.2d 700.
- Rodriguez V. Integrity Contracting, 06-766 ( La. App. 3rd Cir. 8/30/06), 938 So.2d 231.
- Trinity Universal Insurance Company V. Lyons , 04-1494 ( La. App. 3rd Cir. 3/2/05), 896 So.2d 298.
- Griffin V. Farm Fresh Food Supplier & CNA Insurance, 2004-0643 ( La. App. 1st Cir. 3/24/05), 907 So.2d 127.
- Mendoza V. Leon 's Plumbing Co., 2004-0189 ( La. App. 4th Cir. 12/22/04), 892 So.2d 600.
- Hanks V. Kinetics Group, Inc., 03-1354 ( La. App. 3rd Cir. 6/2/04), 878 So.2d 782.
- Hanks V. Kinetics Group, Inc., 2003-3307 ( La. 1/23/04), 865 So.2d 58.
- Oakwood Corporate, LLC. V. Pro-Comp, Inc., 03-979 ( La. App. 5th Cir. 1/27/04), 868 So.2d 152.
- Gonzales V. Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc., 2002-0507 ( La. App. 1st Cir. 2/14/03), 844 So.2d 72.
- Gilmore V. Wickes Lumber, 2004-2769 ( La. App. 1st Cir. 2/17/06), 928 So.2d 668.
- Hallaron V. Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc., 02-903 ( La. App. 1st Cir. 2/11/03), 839 So.2d 952.
- Friedly V. Alexander Electrical Inc., 2002-0292 ( La. App. 1st Cir. 12/20/02), 836 So.2d 430.
- Gilley V. Parkview Baptist School, 2002-0623 ( La. 10/25/02), 832 So.2d 975.
- Doucet V. National Maintenance Corp., 2001-1100 ( La. App. 1st Cir. 6/21/02), 822 So.2d 60.
- Joseph V. J.E. Merit Constructors, Inc., 2001-1666 ( La. App. 1st Cir. 6/21/02), 822 So.2d 72.
- J.E. Merit Constructors V. Hickman, 2000-0943 (La.1/17/01), 776 So.2d 435.
- Brown V. Southeast La. Contractors of Norco, Inc., 99-735 ( La. App. 5th Cir.11/30/99), 749 So.2d 791.
- Daisey V. Time Warner, 1998-2199 ( La. App. 5th Cir. 11/5/99), 761 So.2d 564.
- Oubre V. Jacobs Engineering Groups, Inc., 1998-1129 ( La. App. 1st Cir. 5/14/99), 739 So.2d 235.
- Spencer V. Gaylord Container Corporation, 96-1230 ( La. App. 1st Cir. 3/27/97), 693 So.2d 818.
- Moore V. Safeway, Inc. 95-1552 ( La. App. 1st Cir. 11/22/96), 700 So.2d 831.
- Ball V. Dawsey Corporation, 95-669 ( La. App. 5th Cir. 11/28/95) 665, So.2d 566.
- Carrier v. Harrington, 14-1027 (La. App. 3 Cir. 11/8/15); 162 So. 3d 1273
- Bracken v. Payne & Keller Co, Inc. 2014-0637 (La. App. 1 Cir. 8/10/15); --So. 3d. --
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Baton Rouge Bar Association - Co-Chairman, Workers' Compensation Committee, 1999-2000
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Louisiana Association of Business and Industry
- Louisiana Association of Self Insured Employers
- Defense Research Institute
- Louisiana Claims Association (Board of Directors, 2010-11)
- Baton Rouge Claims Association (Parliamentarian 2010; Vice President 2011)
- Gateway Transition Center, Advisory Board
- LSU, Adjunct Instructor, Political Science, 2007-2009
- J.D., Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, 1990
- M.A.H., Louisiana State University, 1997
- B.I.S., Louisiana State University, 2016
- B.S., Louisiana State University, 1987
– Major: Finance
While we appreciate and look forward to your inquiry, please review the following before you decide whether to click "ACCEPT."
The email you are sending does not create an attorney-client relationship with Keogh Cox. Keogh Cox will not offer representation until we have performed a check for conflicts of interest and decided to provide services in a particular matter. The information you submit to us via this website will not be treated as confidential or privileged as a lawyer/client communication unless we have previously sent you an engagement letter. Our receipt of this information will not prevent us from representing a client related to the subject of your inquiry.