John N. Grinton
701 Main Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
M 225 383 3796
F 225 343 9612
Representative ExperienceJohn focuses his practice on design professional liability, construction related disputes, and claims arising from industrial accidents and product failures. Representative clients and litigation include:
- Architects, engineers and other design professionals in construction litigation involving errors and omissions, contract administration claims, and delay and economic loss claims.
- Contractors, facility operators and owners in industrial accidents including catastrophic failures, fire and explosion.
- Contractors and subcontractors in construction defect and related disputes.
- Insurance clients and self-insured companies in areas of professional liability, products liability, property and casualty and catastrophic loss claims.
- Represented owner of a large apartment complex in state court litigation dealing with questions of construction defects and insurance coverage, which culminated in a two-week jury trial.
- Successfully secured the dismissal of all claims against a national securities brokerage firm in lawsuit filed in state court.
- Negotiated a favorable resolution for an out-of-state machine-manufacturing company in state court.
- Provided general litigation support for a healthcare provider in state court, federal court and mediation in obtaining reimbursement for services rendered and successfully defended motion to dismiss in federal court.
- Successfully defended a company in a federal court breach of contract lawsuit resulting in dismissal of all claims against client.
- Member, Louisiana State Bar Association
- Member, Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Construction Law Section
- Holiday Star Committee
- The Dean Henry George McMahon American Inn of Court
- New Member Chairman, June 2015 – Current
- Recipient, Judge Joseph Keogh Memorial Award, 2019
- J.D., Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, 2012
Civil Law Division, International Law Certificate Honors and Activities: – Trial Advocacy Competition Team (2011-2012) – Prosecuted Multiple Criminal Cases in Orleans Parish Through Loyola’s Clinical Program (2011-2012) – Maritime Law Society Member – Criminal Law Society Member – Sports Law Society Member – Brazil Summer Legal Studies Program at the State University of Rio de Janeiro (June 2010) – Vienna Summer Legal Studies Program at the University of Vienna (July 2010)
- B.S., Louisiana State University, 2008
Honors and Activities:Kappa Sigma Fraternity Active Member of the Big Brother Program
- U.S. District Court for the Middle, Eastern and Western Districts of Louisiana, 2012
- Louisiana, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2012
While we appreciate and look forward to your inquiry, please review the following before you decide whether to click "ACCEPT."
The email you are sending does not create an attorney-client relationship with Keogh Cox. Keogh Cox will not offer representation until we have performed a check for conflicts of interest and decided to provide services in a particular matter. The information you submit to us via this website will not be treated as confidential or privileged as a lawyer/client communication unless we have previously sent you an engagement letter. Our receipt of this information will not prevent us from representing a client related to the subject of your inquiry.