Edward F. Stauss III
701 Main Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
M 225 383 3796
F 225 343 9612
- Defended litigated premises liability and workers’ compensation claims throughout the state
- Obtained unqualified and complete dismissals of claims at both the trial and appellate levels on multiple different grounds, including fraud, no defect, no disability and no "accident"
- Negotiated numerous “zero new dollar” full and final settlements on behalf of clients
- Utilized medical records and client representatives – co-employees, supervisors and others who know a claimant – to get the facts and analyses that have led to outright dismissal or nominal settlements of fraudulent workers' compensation claims.
- Workers’ compensation insurance
- Commercial general liability insurance
- Automobile liability insurance
- Workers’ compensation self-insurance fund
Representative ExperienceClasses/Seminars presented:
- Insurance Law: Third Party Coverage in La., NBI, 2000
- Advanced Workers Compensation in La., NBI, 2001
- Advanced Workers Compensation in La., NBI, 2002
- Workers Compensation Hearings in La. : Techniques & Strategies, NBI, 2004
- Annual Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) accredited continuing education courses presented on Louisiana Worker’s Compensation Law from 2000 to 2014.
- Louisiana Worker’s Compensation Legislative & Jurisprudential Update (TDI cert. 12/2013 to 12/2015)
- Louisiana Workers Compensation Case Law Update (TDI cert. 5/2014 to 5/2016
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- The Baton Rouge Bar Association.
- The Baton Rouge Bar Association Worker’s Compensation section
- Member, Louisiana State University Law Center Moot Court Board (1984 – 1986)
- Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award in Evidence (1985)
- Tulane University Dean's List, Fall 1980 & 1982, Spring 1981 & 1982
- Episcopal School of Baton Rouge, Board of Trustees, Member (2013 to present)
- Trinity Episcopal Church of Baton Rouge, Usher (1998 to present)
- Trinity Episcopal Church of Baton Rouge, Lay Eucharistic Minister (2001 to present)
- Trinity Episcopal Church of Baton Rouge, Vestry Nominations Committee, Member (2013 to present)
- St. Vincent de Paul Soup Kitchen (2001 to present)
- Baton Rouge Federation of Churches Holy Grill Soup Kitchen (2001 to present)
- Trinity Episcopal Day School of Baton Rouge, Board of Trustees, Member (2008-2011)
- Trinity Episcopal Day School of Baton Rouge, Board of Trustees, Chair (2009-2011)
- Louisiana Attorney Disciplinary Board, Office of the Disciplinary Counsel, Attorney Probation Monitor (2009-2010)
- J.D., Louisiana State University, 1986
- B.A., Tulane University, 1983
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, 1988
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 1986
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana, 1986
- Louisiana, 1986
While we appreciate and look forward to your inquiry, please review the following before you decide whether to click "ACCEPT."
The email you are sending does not create an attorney-client relationship with Keogh Cox. Keogh Cox will not offer representation until we have performed a check for conflicts of interest and decided to provide services in a particular matter. The information you submit to us via this website will not be treated as confidential or privileged as a lawyer/client communication unless we have previously sent you an engagement letter. Our receipt of this information will not prevent us from representing a client related to the subject of your inquiry.