Christopher K. “Chris” Jones
701 Main Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
M 225 383 3796
F 225 343 9612
Christopher K. Jones has years of experience defending and prosecuting class action and complex commercial litigation matters in state and federal courts in Louisiana and courts across the country - for both businesses and individuals. He has been appointed as lead counsel in many consumer protection class actions and represented companies facing significant exposure in mass tort litigation, class actions and insurance claims.
Chris has extensive experience handling individual, multi-state and Multi-District Litigation (MDL) cases representing plaintiffs and defendants. In particular, some of the matters he has handled include the following:
- Over 100 class action and individual claims throughout the U.S. involving violations and enforcement of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act for sending unsolicited robo-calls, fax advertisements and text messages.
- Other consumer protection litigation under federal and state statutes, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Louisiana Unfair Trade Practices Act, and other related privacy and consumer protection laws.
- Mass tort, class action and individual actions involving industrial and oilfield explosions, natural disasters such as Hurricanes Katrina and Gustav, catastrophic accidents including the BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill, massive toxic torts, and defective products such as Chinese drywall for companies and individuals in Louisiana and elsewhere in the U.S.
- Mass tort, class action and individual actions involving insurance disputes, denials of coverage and related bad faith, including those involving liability, Uninsured/Underinsured (UM), umbrella, homeowners, life and health insurance policies. This also includes disputes against homeowners and flood insurers for amounts owed under policies after natural disasters, including hurricanes and floods.
- Representation of the Louisiana Department of Revenue in various sales and use and franchise tax collections cases, and defending the Department from class action claims on hundreds of claims involving the denial of tax credits before the Louisiana Board of Tax Appeals.
Chris also represents individuals injured in motor vehicle accidents and other incidents causing personal injury, and has significant experience defending those same claims, making him qualified to handle all aspects of these types of matters.
Professional attributes that Chris particularly values and define his practice include zealous advocacy, a strong work ethic, discipline and effective leadership. He is results-oriented and applies these principles in every case.
- Mass Torts
- Civil Litigation
- Tax Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Natural Disaster Litigation
- Insurance Litigation
- Represented thousands of class members in several consumer remedy class actions in various courts across the country
- Represented a commercial retail complex in multiple tenant litigation disputes
- Represented insurance brokers against claims by homeowners for bad faith claims for failure to tender insurance payments arising out of Hurricane Katrina
- Represented homeowner against insurer for damages owed under policy after Hurricane Gustav
- Represented an individual in a claim against his UM carrier for bad faith damages
- Represented a state entity in connection with sales and franchise tax litigation
- Defended hundreds of suits brought by taxpayers seeking the recovery of denied tax credits
- Baton Rouge Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Council Member, 2007 - 2008
- Baton Rouge Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2012 - Present
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Baton Rouge Chapter Board of Directors, 2012 - Present
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Council Member, 2009 - 2011
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- Baton Rouge Bar Association, Member
- Participant, Louisiana State Bar Association Leadership Class, 2008 - 2009
- Recipient, Louisiana State Bar Association Young Lawyers Section Pro Bono Award, 2008
- Recipient, Baton Rouge Bar Association President's Award, 2007
- Recipient, Baton Rouge Bar Association President's Award , 2013
- Recipient, Judge Joseph Keogh Memorial Award, 2006
- Participant, John Barton Community Leadership Program, 2006
- Honoree, Greater Baton Rouge Business Report 2011 Top Forty Under 40
- Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating-2014
- Member of the Tulane University baseball team – 1995-1997
- Louisiana Arts and Sciences Museum, Board of Trustees, 2007 - 2014
- Louisiana Arts and Sciences Museum, Chairman, 2012
- Catholic High School Alumni Association, Board of Directors, 2006 - 2010
- Catholic High School Alumni Association, Past President , 2010
- Boys and Girls Club of Baton Rouge, Board of Directors, 2007 - 2010
- St. Aloysius Catholic Church, Member
- Volunteer, disaster legal services - Hurricanes Katrina, Gustav and 2016 flooding event
- J.D., Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, 2002
– Recipient, LSU Board of Supervisors Scholarship
- B.S., Tulane University, 1999
– Major – Psychology
– Recipient, Legislative Scholarship
- Louisiana, 2002
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon-Pro Hac Vice, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois-Pro Hac Vice, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland-Pro Hac Vice, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2002
- U.S. District Court for the Middle, Eastern and Western Districts of Louisiana, 2002
While we appreciate and look forward to your inquiry, please review the following before you decide whether to click "ACCEPT."
The email you are sending does not create an attorney-client relationship with Keogh Cox. Keogh Cox will not offer representation until we have performed a check for conflicts of interest and decided to provide services in a particular matter. The information you submit to us via this website will not be treated as confidential or privileged as a lawyer/client communication unless we have previously sent you an engagement letter. Our receipt of this information will not prevent us from representing a client related to the subject of your inquiry.