Brian T. Butler
701 Main Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
M 225 383 3796
F 225 343 9612
- Successfully defended a company in an action brought against an employee and his employer, when the employee struck a pedestrian, killing them. The employee was accused of being intoxicated at the time of the accident. Brian was able to get the claims against the employer dismissed on a motion for summary judgment.
- Represented a furniture manufacturer on a products liability case, where a chair collapsed at a casino, causing severe injuries to the patron. The issue was whether there was a defect in the chair or if the chair had not been properly maintained. The case was complicated by the fact that the plaintiff suffered complications when she had back surgery, which resulted in a multi month hospitalization. Brian was able to get the case resolved where his client only paid a small percentage of the settlement of the matter.
- Represented the manufacturer of an electronic product for a number of years who was often put on notice following fires throughout the U.S. Working with the client, Brian was able to learn about the design and operation of the product. Combined with his knowledge of fire investigations, he was able to coordinate numerous investigations, which resulted in no claim or suit being brought against the client.
- Team lead on a post-accident investigation involving a propane flash fire at an oil well site in Louisiana. Brian selected the investigative team and directed the investigation, which concluded that the cause of the fire was a faulty hose on the propane tanker. When the suit was subsequently filed in another state, the investigation allowed the client to successfully defend the suit.
- Louisiana State Bar association
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- J.D., Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, 1986
- B.S., Louisiana State University, 1983
– Bachelors of Business Administration
While we appreciate and look forward to your inquiry, please review the following before you decide whether to click "ACCEPT."
The email you are sending does not create an attorney-client relationship with Keogh Cox. Keogh Cox will not offer representation until we have performed a check for conflicts of interest and decided to provide services in a particular matter. The information you submit to us via this website will not be treated as confidential or privileged as a lawyer/client communication unless we have previously sent you an engagement letter. Our receipt of this information will not prevent us from representing a client related to the subject of your inquiry.