Brent J. Cobb
701 Main Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
M 225 383 3796
F 225 343 9612
Brent J. Cobb handles disputes involving construction, sales and use tax, franchise tax, premises liability, product liability, insurance defense, personal injury and complex litigation. He represents insurance companies, governmental entities, architects and engineers, contractors, corporations, limited liability companies, small businesses and individuals in the state and federal courts of Louisiana, as well as in administrative proceedings before state agencies.
Regardless of the client's size, location or type, Brent strives to deliver effective, efficient legal help through hard work, forthright communication, alternative dispute resolution and use of the firm's case-management technology resources. He closely monitors changes in the state's tax laws, delay-claim law affecting the construction sector, bad faith litigation and the duties of insurers.
He shows the same passion for his law practice as he does to his interests outside of work, such as his volunteer service to those less fortunate, including Habitat for Humanity and Lighthouse Louisiana, a non-profit helping individuals with disabilities. Brent also loves to study sugar cane farming, the seafood industry, architecture and other eclectic aspects of the history of his beloved home state.
- Civil Litigation
- State Tax
- Represented state in sales and use tax, franchise tax, tax credit, and other tax collection litigation
- Represented contractors before the Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors regarding licensing matters
- Represented various architects and engineers in construction litigation involving impact and delay claims, design errors and omissions, and other similar disputes.
- Member, Louisiana State Bar Association
- Member, Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Kappa Alpha Order (Psi Chapter- Tulane University)
- Advisory Board, Lighthouse Louisiana, 2013 to present
- Active Member, Habitat for Humanity Young Professionals
- Board of Trustees, Boys and Girls Club
- J.D. / D.C.L., Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, 2012
– Graduate Diploma in Civil Law
– Cum Laude
– Chancellor’s List in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012
– CALI Awards in the Administration of Criminal Justice, Louisiana Civil Procedure II, Sales & Real Estate Transactions, and Security Devices
- B.A., Louisiana State University, 2008
– Major: History
- Tulane University, 2003 – 2006
– Attended until after Hurricane Katrina
- Vanderbilt University, 2002
– Attended program titled PAVE – Pre-Academic Vanderbilt Engineers prior to senior year of High School
- Louisiana, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2012
While we appreciate and look forward to your inquiry, please review the following before you decide whether to click "ACCEPT."
The email you are sending does not create an attorney-client relationship with Keogh Cox. Keogh Cox will not offer representation until we have performed a check for conflicts of interest and decided to provide services in a particular matter. The information you submit to us via this website will not be treated as confidential or privileged as a lawyer/client communication unless we have previously sent you an engagement letter. Our receipt of this information will not prevent us from representing a client related to the subject of your inquiry.